3D-COAT v2.07 | 46 Mb
3D-Coat - Texturing of 3D Model
3D-Coat is a useful tool for 3D artists and designers aimed to boost the speed and quality of 3D-object texturing and detailing and developed specifically for game development and 3D-art needs.
Advantages of 3D-Coat:
Painting textures and sculpting. It combines painting layered textures and sculpting in one easy to use interface.
3D Layers. Every layer consists of a colour, specular, transparency and displacement channel.
Compatibility. Full compatibility with Light Wave 3D, Modo through . lwo format, with Maya, 3ds Max, Carrara through .fbx (import) and .obj format.
3D mouse support. 3D-Coat supports 3D SpaceNavigator of 3DCONNEXION. Navigation became more handy and intuitive.
Connection with Adobe Photoshop. It can work in a deep connection with Adobe Photoshop (R) or any 2D-editor that can edit PSD files.
Adaptive subdivision. The main difference between 3D-Coat and other sculpting software is its adaptive subdivision algorithm. Usually sculpting programs divide every edge in 2 parts, so it is very difficult to work with long polygons. 3D-Coat however subdivides every edge in the source mesh depending on its length. So long polygons may be subdivided in a proportion of for example 9:147. You can change mesh resolution multiple times (like other software usually does), but also ina percentage, for example 50%. You paint in 3D-Coat on the vertices, but the adaptive subdivision makes the subdivided mesh very uniform. It is preferable that the mesh has no overlapping UVs, but 3d brush can generate its own UVs if neccesary.
1) Usual workflow. At input you provide an OBJ file of 1-100 thousand polygons, preferrably with UV-mapping in place, at output you get either an object of 1-10 million polygons or textures of normals, displacement, color, transparency and specular. Maximal texture size is 4096 per 4096. Fully seamless texturing provided!
2) Relief, color, specular. Possibility to draw relief detailing, color, specular and transparency on model's surface.
3) Copy/Paste. All you previously did in 2D now can be done in 3D editing with layers, cloning surface areas, image transforming on surface, Copy/Paste, filling sealed areas, gradient filling, filling area inside contour, darkening, lightening, smoothening, sharping and so on.
4) Technology of 3D-Coat. Small geometry details get automatically added onto normal map, while large ones modify the geometry. As a result, the object of 40 to 80 thousand polygons displayed on screen looks as of 5 to 10 million polygons owing to detailed normal map.
5) Normal map gets instantly formed, so you can view the object in low-polygonal mode and straight away see how it is going to look in your game or scene. This is particularly important for developing games.
6) Details, applied along a spline. You can easily add details, applied along a spline, such as chains, bandages, fringe, zipper. Details can be imported as from 3D objects, so as from images.
7) Channels of pen. Pens you draw with contain plenty of channels - depth, color, specular, eraser mask. This allows to considerably speed up the object detailing as you can both apply relief detailing and draw with color.
Body sculpting. Although 3D-Coat is more oriented for small detailing, it allows for global object modification, body sculpting too. You can easily bend a hand or a finger, enlarge the head, change object proportions or posture.
9) Object deforming tool. You can fix several points on the object's surface and pull one of them to see the object smoothly deforming. For example, you can easily create a smile or enlarge the object's ear by simply pulling it having fixed the head.
10) Text scribing. You can easily scribe text any way you like, even wrap the text around the object.
11) Fill with fractals and materials. Closed-up areas can be filled with fractals and materials which contain depth, color and specular. The material can be applied not only from camera, but also with use of cubic mapping.
12) Transfer details from photo. You can transfer details onto the object straight from a photo.
13) Draw with contour, square. You can draw not only with a pen, but also with a contour, square, line linking two dots or a spline curve. This allows drawing not only soft organic forms, but also even, strict 'man-made' forms.
14) Connection with Adobe Photoshop. Working in 3D-Coat you can edit texture or current projection in the external graphics editor, and this works with layers in place! For example, you can add a layer in Adobe Photoshop and it will get automatically transferred into 3D-Coat.
15) Posibility to edit in external 2D editor. Virtually all can be edited in external 2D editor ?C pens, current selected area, clipboard contents, while preserving channels of depth, color, specular.
16) High resolution textures. Exporting textures and 32-bit displacement.
17) Generation of UV. Automatic generation of UV coordinates enabled
18) Several textures. Support of objects with several textures.